Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Daybook April 6, 2010


FOR TODAY - Tuesday April 6, 2010

Outside my window... the sun has set. I'm enjoying a beautiful subtle sunset - orange, pink and purple. God is a magnificent artist.

I am thinking... about why I'm gritting my teeth. Do you ever find yourself doing something like that? Suddenly I realize I'm biting the inside of my lip, or gritting my teeth or... I guess I need to r.e.l.a.x.

I am thankful for... Pastor Tonye and his wife Suzanne. My husband and I found their church back in 1997. Under his pastoring, I came back to the Lord, my husband accepted Jesus as his Lord and Savior and our family was changed. I have learned so much about God through Pastor T's teaching and about Jesus from the people in our fellowship. It was the first time I encountered people who truly just wanted to be more like Jesus. I consider his wife one of my best friends even though the busyness of life doesn't allow us as much time together as I would like. After 17 years of leading our church, they are off to England to plant a new church in the Camden area of London. I am going to miss them more than I realize, but am also excited to see how the Lord is going to use them to preach to, teach and reach the people of London.

From the learning rooms... Spring Break. Grom is enjoying his second week off. We are waiting on math pages for a mathathon at school and we are in the process of reading through a couple of bags of books to see if they are any good.

From the kitchen... I baked a beautiful and tasty looking calzone for dinner tonight. Our kitchen is torn up, so we are making do with a makeshift kitchen. I'll be keeping it simple.

I am wearing... old tee shirt, old blue sweater, blue exercise capris and orange felted slippers. Yikes! I should really blog before I change my clothes for the day. For what it's worth, I am very comfortable.

I am creating... between Easter and preparing for our building project, I haven't had much time to be creative. I've been making lists and have a bunch of projects to get to.

I am going... to have my spa day on Friday. I'm escaping all afternoon. I'm thinking I need to find someone to do my hair and then it will be like a super makeover.

I am reading... Apples of Gold by Lisa Samson. I just picked up Green by Ted Dekker and have some audio books to listen to.

I am hoping... our building project goes smoothly and quickly and that I'm happy with finish choices that I'm having to make.

I am hearing... Surferman and Grom knocking holes in the wall. They are doing a little demolition before bedtime (and when the contractor isn't here)

Around the house... kitchen cupboards without doors, bathrooms without fixtures, walls that once were there and aren't any more, plaster chunks and dust everywhere.

One of my favorite things... my orange felted slippers. My mom made them for me. They are warm, cozy and comfy.

Vocabulary word of the week:
impecunious (adj.): not having money; habitually without money; poor.
synonyms: beggared, broke, cleaned out, destitute, dirt poor, homeless, impoverished, indigent, insolvent, necessitous, needy, penniless, penurious, poor, strapped, unprosperous
used in a sentence: I hope we will not be impecunious when our kitchen is finished.

A few plans for the rest of the week: kicking butt on my to do list, a fun meeting, maybe some Irish Music, that spa day, tons and tons of garage sales, choosing tile, carpet, paint and more

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...This is the creamer counter at the little coffee place between Grom's school and my work. More often that anyone knows (except now you all know), I stop there for a cup of decaf on my way. The counter has a glass top and there is this lovely random piece of art (click to see it larger). I'd really like to make my own someday. Maybe I'll do one with the names of God.

How you can be praying for me and mine... for grace and patience to be poured over our home as we go through this remodeling project together. for rest. for communication. for my discipline and dedication to continue my weight loss. I'd like to get to 100 pounds lost by summer. I can do it if I'm persistent.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment