Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Random Dozen - 4/28/10



1. Have you ever been so lost that you were really afraid?
When I was in college I went to New Orleans with some friends for a conference. We walked from the French Quarter back to our hotel and got lost. I was unproportionately (think I just made up that word) scared. It was because of too much alcohol and one of the first reasons I stopped drinking.

2. Have you ever been to an island?
Yep... Oahu, Kauai, Maui, Catalina, Mykonos, Patmos, a few in Washington state and I know I'm forgetting some.

3. Are you more of a thinker or feeler?
Thinker. Compassion is something I pray the Lord would develop more in me.

4. Do you tend to see issues or situations in life as black and white or shades of gray?
I think I'm a pretty black and white kinda gal, but somethings are shades of gray. HA!

5. If you were stuck on an island, what book would you hope to have with you (Let's pretend the Bible is already there, so you can't say that.)
How about "1001 ways to use a coconut" or "Boat building made easy"? Or a good novel like "Pride and Prejudice".

6. What are you most afraid of?
That I'd "mess up" my son. Debilitating illness.

7. Would you rather lose all of your old memories or never be able to make new ones?
My memory isn't very good. I enjoy the moment more than the past. I'd pick making new ones.

8. Pretend I'm looking at a scrapbook page about you. There are three spaces for you to drop in individual pictures. What are those pictures of, and why did you select them?
How about some optimism? How about a "before" and "after" photo with my weight loss? The third picture could be a great shot of my family.

9. If you were re-doing your wedding, what would you do differently? (If you're single, tell me one thing you would do if you were planning a wedding OR huge party.)
Nothing. I really enjoyed our wedding. Now our marriage... I wish we hadn't lived together before we got married.

10. Tell me one thing you know/believe about forgiveness.
"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:32

11. You're waiting in a doctor's office. What is your favorite way to pass that time?
Playing with my iPhone or going over my to do list.

12. If there were a clone of you in a parallel universe what is one way you hope she/he would be the same as you and one way you hope she/he would be better?
My clone would be healthy, trim and fit and more outgoing.

How's that for a whole lot of random? Did you catch a bit of LOST inspiration running through the questions? Go see how others answered or jump in with your own answers.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoyed your answers! I am with you on #7 and #10. Hope all is going well with you.

    until next time... nel

    ReplyDelete
  2. My clone would be fit too! I love Random Dozen each week.

    ReplyDelete