Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Daybook April 13, 2010


FOR TODAY - Tuesday April 13, 2010

Outside my window... it's dark. Today was a busy day. I almost didn't blog.

I am thinking... that I don't like Surferman without hair. It was time for him to have a haircut. Grom and I clipped him. Surferman kept saying shorter. Next thing I know, I'm shaving his head with a razor. I know I'm not used to it. I'm not sure I want to get used to it. I don't think he'll keep it up anyway.

I am thankful for... conditioner. My hair gets super tangly whitout it.

From the learning rooms... It's Z week. We've come to the end of the alphabet. I'm not sure what to expect next week. We are still reading through our books and I got a new one from booksneeze.com to share with Grom. It looks like a good one. Watch for the review.

From the kitchen... nothing exciting or interesting. I'm managing with a makeshift kitchen. It doesn't allow for much creativity.

I am wearing... orange tee shirt and lavendar polka dot pajama pants - yep, I'm ready for bed (and I clash).

I am creating... colorful calendars full of events and books full of to do lists. My creative outlet has been cruising font sites for freebies.

I am going... well... where am I not going? I started listing my plans for the week. I got to Thursday and was feeling overwhelmed so I quit. It's all good.

I am reading... Green by Ted Dekker. I don't think I'm going to make it through. It's not my kind of book. And I have a couple that I really want to read ready and waiting. There are also some audio books to listen to - Seth Godin and a Sue Grafton mystery.

I am hoping... to finish this quick and get to bed.

I am hearing... the t.v. I'm not really watching. I'm mostly just noise.

Around the house... dust, more dust and shredded newspaper insulation. It's quite a mess. We're hoping that we're at the end of the messy phase. They are starting to build. I picked our bathroom vanity and counter top today.

One of my favorite things... venti cups of ice water from Starbucks - they're free.

Vocabulary word of the week:
timorous (adj.): full of apprehensiveness; timid; fearful
synonyms: apprehensive, faint, fainthearted, fearful, hesitant, meek, shrinking, shuddering, shy, tentative, timid, tremulous, unassertive
used in a sentence: I hope Grom isn't timourous as he starts T-ball this week.

A few plans for the rest of the week: in no order... hosting my quilt group, T-ball, lab work, errands in SLO, Kids Club, send off bbq for my pastor - organizing and cleaning.

Here is picture I am sharing... I haven't taken any pictures lately.

How you can be praying for me and mine...continued grace and patience to be poured over our home as our remodeling project continues. for rest. for communication. for my discipline and dedication to continue my weight loss. a desire to exercise. for Grom's obedience and listening.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment