Tuesday, March 16, 2010
Random Dozen - 3/17/10
1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly? I believe ZERO. I can't think of anything I'm superstitious about.
2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe? I hope to be able to say it about my weight loss. Check back with me in a year or so. Past that possibility I'm drawing a blank.
3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging? After Grom goes to bed.
4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for? I missed our tax appointment by 5 hours last year. I'm sure there are lots examples of my irresponsibility.
5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring? Daffodils and other flowers.
6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day? Usually, but I totally forgot today. I did find a sticker from TJ's that says, "This sticker is my green. Go pinch someone else". I did make sure Grom was wearing green today. He wore his t-shirt that says, "Kiss me, I'm Irish" on it. He said the big kids really liked it.
7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable? It's incomprehensible to me that anyone could experience the beauty of His creation and deny there is a God.
8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live? Totally a lamb. We are enjoying sunshine. Driving Grom home from school, all I could think of was a quick trip to the beach.
9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it? Practically I'd probably spend it sleeping. It would be nice to spend it with Surferman and Grom.
10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold? Time would be nice. Or chocolate... or coffee... or...
11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day. I live across the street from the ocean, but I never seem to make it to the beach to enjoy the fun and beauty it contains.
12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here and then report your Irish name. Isobel Duffy. Grom would be Cormac O'Doherty and Surferman would be Aidan O'Doherty. Hmmm... I wonder why I have a different last name from my guys.
Don't miss the GIVEAWAY I have running this week. Happy St. Patrick's Day! See more Random Dozen answers at 2nd Cup of Coffee.