Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Daybook March 2, 2010

FOR TODAY... Tuesday March 2, 2010

Outside my window... dark ominous clouds. We've had rain today and expect more this week.

I am thinking... that the scratchy feeling in my throat had better be allergies.

I am hearing... Surferman and Grom reading the latest issue of Lego Jr. It comes in the mail every month and it's free. If you have a Lego freak in your home, it's must have reading. It's always a good day when it arrives.

I am thankful for... a long phone call with a new friend - someone who I've met online. We talked and talked like we've known each other forever. I'm not usually very chatty on the phone. I'm glad she called.

I am wearing... old sneakers (I bought new ones last week. They are VERY white and I'm reluctant to wear them for fear they'll scream... You got new shoes!), blue jeans and a long sleeved dark green tee.

I am remembering... I noticed a "brake light" light on my dashboard. Never seen it before. Need to tell Surferman so he can fix it.

I am going... to grab a cup of coffee tonight with a friend.

I am reading... Where do I go? by Neta Jackson. I've barely started and it's hard to put down. Yay! Finally found a page turner.

I am hoping... that Surferman put sheets on our bed. I noticed our bed was stripped earlier and I'm ready to hit the hay.

On my mind... the perseverance of parents with special need children. The Lord has brought situations and people into my life lately that have made me think about the challenges and blessings these families face.

From the learning rooms... a blank page for recording books we've read. We are going to try to read all the books on the shelves. There are so many and some need to go. This way we'll know which ones are crummy.

Vocabulary word of the week...

Daunted(Adjective)
Meaning: To discourage; to frighten
Looks Like: To discourage; to frighten
Imagine This: Won’t you be discouraged and frightened if you have bought a haunted house?
Other Forms: Daunt (verb); Dauntless (adjective)

Noticing that... my tea cup is empty.

Pondering these words... We read Psalm 8 in staff meeting today. It's a favorite of mine.
1 O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth,
Who have set Your glory above the heavens!

2 Out of the mouth of babes and nursing infants
You have ordained strength,
Because of Your enemies,
That You may silence the enemy and the avenger.

3 When I consider Your heavens, the work of Your fingers,
The moon and the stars, which You have ordained,
4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels,
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,
7 All sheep and oxen—
Even the beasts of the field,
8 The birds of the air,
And the fish of the sea
That pass through the paths of the seas.

9 O LORD, our Lord,
How excellent is Your name in all the earth!


From the kitchen... I'm making a big pot of chili for dinner at church tomorrow night.

Around the house... Surferman is getting over the cold that Grom had last week. His cough sounds terrible.

One of my favorite things... listening to Grom pray for dinner on Tuesday nights.

A picture to share...
Beautiful Little B - one of wonderful nieces.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment