Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daybook March 16, 2010

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... it's dark now. Today was a beautiful day. I wore flip flops.

I am thinking... about another glass of water. The more I drink the thirstier I feel.

I am thankful for... great news from a good friend. I don't know if I can share, so I'm not, but inside I'm doing quite the happy dance.

From the learning rooms... it's X week at school. Grom and I sat down to do homework. He futzed around for 20 minutes or more, but didn't get past writing a line of Xx's. When I told him he had to clean up so I could set the table for dinner, he started going on and on about how hard he had been trying and how just as he was getting started, I made him stop. The kid's in kindergarten. Can you imagine what homework with a 7th grader is going to be like?

From the kitchen... strawberry fruit floes (popsicles) for dessert. Grom loves them.

I am wearing... well... uh... I'm a little mismatched now. I'm wearing a purple floral top that while it fits much better than it used to, I'm still not sure if I like it or if it's flattering. Blue exercise capri pants... I split the back seam of the black capri pants that I was wearing. I'm so glad it happened at home. Must have stressed that seam a bit when I was 60 pounds (had to get that in somewhere didn't I?) heavier.

I am creating... I have fabric for closet curtains and a valance in the new school room. I need to start some new knitted washcloths requested by a friend.

I am going... to sing, sing, sing. I'm going to shout, shout, shout. I'm going to sing, I'm going to shout, PRAISE THE LORD!

I am reading... that same Neta Jackson book. I started listening to Unleashing the Idea Virus by Seth Godin. It's a very interesting marketing book. It has a funny cover that has brought up some great conversations with Grom.

Vocabulary word of the week:
sagacious (adj): having or showing acute mental discernment and keen practical sense; shrewd
synonyms: wise, sage, discerning, clever, intelligent, judicious, acute, sharp, keen, perspicacious


I am hoping... I don't have an ingrown toe nail. My big toes are a bit tender. I snuck off and got a pedicure on Sunday afternoon. The nail guy (which is a little weird for me) worked and worked on them. I'm hoping what he did helped.

I am hearing... Last weeks Lost episode in the background. It's a recap episode and has helper captions but I'm blogging and not giving it my full attention so I'm a little frustrated.

Around the house... painting and carpet cleaning this week, followed by lots of furniture and junk stuff moving this weekend.

One of my favorite things... petite dangly earrings like these...

A few plans for the rest of the week: Apple One-to-One lesson, potluck, Kids Club, Quilters, Home Group, Wedding and lots of furniture moving. I think I'm forgetting something. Oh yea! I'm posting a giveaway soon. Watch for it.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
Buddies with new haircuts

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment