1. Jeans! I've been wearing stretchy pants for quite a while. I have a bunch of jeans that I thought I should be able to wear at my current weight, but so far they are still a bit small. I couldn't wait so I bought 2 new pairs. I had to guess the size, and was stoked when they fit. I'm looking forward to when I can exorcise the rest of the stretchy pants from my closet.
2. Crazy Hair Day at SKC. It's hard when you're a boy and there isn't a whole lot you can do with your hair for crazy hair day. We gelled it and did our best to craft a Mohawk. It actually looked pretty cute at the end of the evening when it had wilted a bit. Fortunately no one got a picture of my crazy hair-do. Can you say pony tails? Lots of pony tails and ribbon bows. It was... very crazy.
3. Daffodils are one of my favorite bulbs. Actually I like most of the bulb flowers. In fact, I can't think of one that I don't like. Tis the season when you can buy them by the bunches at Trader Joes. Multiple bunches cost less than your typical bouquet. When they come home they are tightly closed, but as the week goes on they open up and sing their songs of spring. These kept singing, "You are my sunshine..."
4. My alarm clock collection. Don't notice all the dust. I was grabbing my phone out of the big one this week when I noticed the other two sitting right next to it. I thought it was funny that none of them read the same time and that they are all pretty useless at waking me up. I did find out this week that I wake up best to talking voices instead of beeps, buzzes or music. Surferman's alarm clock sounds like a garbage truck is coming through our bedroom wall.
5. Abraham, Isaac and the burnt offering. I taught at SKC this week. I was given the story of Abraham and Isaac. Go read Genesis 22:1-13 if you need a reminder. YIKES! I teach kids from 3 years old to 6th grade. It was challenging, but if I can teach preschoolers about Rahab, I can teach them about a Dad tying up his son to kill him and set him on fire (thankfully, that's not the end of the story). We learned about the fear of the Lord - loving God, trusting God and wanting to spend time with Him, knowing that He always loves us even though we don't deserve it or understand why.
Friday Fave Five is a meme that encourages bloggers to blog about the best things in their weeks. Join us. It's hosted by Susanne at Living to tell the story.