Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Thursday Thunks - 7/23/09

Thursday Thunk is a blogging meme that gives you something to blog about. Find out what I think about weird, random and sometimes inappropriate things (I usually just delete those questions, in case you notice the numbering off). Happy Thunking!

1. You walk into a store and the cashier is being held up by a robber. The robber's accomplice is dead on the floor at your feet with a shotgun laying next to him. The robber does not see you, but the cashier does - what do you do? Most likely I'd pee my pants and freeze.

2. We go to an ice cream shop for an ice cream cone. You say you are buying and I am going to stay in the car. You ask me what I want and I say "surprise me", what kind of ice cream cone am I going to get? I'd buy two cones that I'd think you'd like and then let you pick. If you're Surferman, I'd get a sherbert or sorbet and then something really chocolately. We usually end up sharing anyway, so I guess it's not a good example.

3. You have a dream that your co-worker, friend or whoever is hit by a garbage truck after they back into a ladder with a black cat on it. The next day you see that person standing by a ladder with a black cat on it and there is a garbage truck driving down the road.... what do you do? I'd probably call the person toward me, away from the ladder. But then, that might startle her and cause her to move in front of the garbage truck that is going to plow her down. I'm not sure I can win with this question.

4. What is the most money you've won on a lottery or scratch off ticket? Surferman won $2000 dollars from a scratcher once. I don't buy lottery tickets. Surferman buys them for me at Christmas sometimes. I think I've won a ticket a couple of times and maybe at most $10. I think they are a waste of money.

5. A neighbor kid down the street comes to your door and offers to wash all of your windows outside for $10 - do you have him do it? I'd arrange to have him do it and if he did a good job I'd probably pay him more.

6. Go to Google Images. Type in the name of the last movie you saw. Post the first picture that comes up. Grom and I watched "Five Chinese Brothers" when we studied "The Story About Ping" last week.

7. Your local animal shelter calls you and says there are 3 dogs that need an immediate foster home for 3 days. If you do not accept, the dogs are put down that day. Do you take them in? Nope. I'm not an animal person. And our yard isn't great for dogs. Faced with such a situation, I might be coerced to donate some money to pay for their care, but even that is doubtful. I've gotten really good at saying no on the phone.

8. What is the messiest room in your home? Probably my studio. It is still full of garage sale stuff and papers that need to be filed.

9. Have you ever been to a wedding that participated in a strange tradition that you had never heard of? We were invited to a wedding that I expected to be full of strange traditions that weren't Biblical. Surferman and I decided not to attend.

10. Name one sport that you just don't get. I'm not a big sports fan, but can see what people like about their sports. Marathon running is hard for me to understand. It's such a physical attack on your body. They lose toenails for goodness sake.

11. What was the last email that came into your inbox about? "Grab 38 Free Gifts-Only 100 Packages Available" - an offer from a homeschool curriculum vendor.

13. Go back to that Google Images link... type in the last food item that you ate. Post the 2nd picture it comes up with.

14. Got any bumper stickers on your vehicle? What are they? I have 3 orange hibiscus flowers on the back of my van. Also a "Jesus is Lord" license plate frame. I keep meaning to put a Soujourner Surfboards sticker on my car. They are good friends of our family and I'd love to support them in whatever way I can.

15. What meme question do you wish was never asked again? Questions that are too personal or too much information to share. The ones I delete. Oh, and questions with swear words.

3 comments:

  1. Fantastic answers. [I think you deleted one of the questions on this meme....didn't you?]

    I played and thunk...come on over if you can find time to visit with me. I'd love your company. Happy Thursday. [for the Thursday thunks...scroll down a bit, okay?]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studios are meant to be organized messes :)
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/thirteen-richest-americans-and-some.html

    ReplyDelete