Tuesday, July 21, 2009

FIAR - The Story of Ping

We're still rowing away our summer. China, ducks, floating, obedience and all things Chinese were on the agenda.

Little Panda by Renata Liwska
China by Poppy Sebag-Montefiore
The Five Chinese Brothers by Claire Huchet Bishop
Five Little Ducks by Ivan Bates
Little Duck Lost by Erica Briers

Our lapbook...


We spent one afternoon at a local pond. We did school work on a picnic table and then were able to feed the ducks. It was a beautiful day.

We are still having some trouble covering everything I have planned. It's been harder to be consistent with my parents home. Diligence is getting it done. I might be planning too much.

I've also made some adjustments to the supplementary things we are doing. It seems to be working. I've set aside Funtastic Frogs for now and moved from writing worksheets to letter pages from a workbook. Grom is getting better about settling down to work when we are at church. I put pieces of gum in some of his school packs. He's always excited to find one.

Off to Ohio for some harmonica music with a boy named Lentil.

No comments:

Post a Comment