Thursday, July 23, 2009

5 things I like about...

letter G letter R letter O letter M

In honor of his 5th birthday, in no particular order...

1) His new found love for surfing. He goes out with Surferman whenever he can talk Surferman into going. It's not hard to talk Surferman into going surfing. Grom constantly smells like beach and sunscreen. He tastes salty. I love hearing him yell, "Mommy... Dad and I are going surfing!"

2) Cuddle time and rocking before bed. Last night I asked him if he was going to give up rocking now that he was turning 5. His reply... "Not until I'm 51." That makes this mommy happy.

3) He'd rather watch "real things" than cartoons. His favorite show is "How It's Made" and he loves to watch cooking shows (especially competitions) with me. He's great in the kitchen. He has mad knife skills... seriously... that boy can handle a santoku knife.

4) I never know what to expect. Recently we were sitting at the table eating dinner. The quiet was broken with BAM! Grom looked at me... giggled... and said... "I have no idea why I did that".

5) He's reluctant to pray at meal times when it's expected, but is quick to pray when we are hurt or upset. Hearing him start with "Father God" tugs at my heart. He's on his way to becoming a man after God's own heart.

There are so many more things I like about this kid. I'm really glad he's not more than 5.

He's growing up so fast.



Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Grom! I love all the pictures. It's hard to believe how fast they grow up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A belated Happy 5th birthday, Grom!

    Dixie

    ReplyDelete