Monday, October 13, 2008

Daybook October 13, 2008


FOR TODAY... Monday October 13, 2008

Outside My Window... Dark. It's been a long day.

I am thinking... about our world, the sorry state of our economy and the upcoming election. I think we all need to take a chill pill, go to a movie, take a break and a deep breath and then... get back to work. Oh, and surrendering it all to God is probably the best place to start.

I am thankful for... unexpected blessings. I didn't know my fried cas was coming to town until she did. You haven't lived until you've had a hug from cas.

From the kitchen... the yummiest pizza from Costco. Well... it wasn't all that yummy, but at $9.99 and all I had to do was cook it and throw away the box. No one noticed that I didn't make them eat salad.

I am wearing... anyone else tired of this question? Same old thing - black capris, black flip flops, and a favorite purple t-shirt.

I am creating... ornaments for a Jesse Tree ornament exchange, salvaging some t-shirts with bleached designs, setting up a new brain - all because my studio is almost clean again.

I am going... to blog about my Bento obsession soon.

I am reading... still reading Yada Yada Prayer Group #3.

I am hoping... to buy some new pants. It's time to change my wardrobe from black capris to black pants. The last pants I bought don't have pockets. How worthless is that?

I am hearing... the tick tock of my clock that sounds like... laun dry laun dry laun dry

Around the house... Surferman had a LP Gas tank (BBQ tank) fall on his big toe. Ouch! He's hobbling around and not complaining (much). We are busy renovating the house we own (not the house we live in) as our previous renters moved out. There is a lot that needs to be fixed, upgraded, etc so that we can get some new tenants in quick. Grom is praying they'll have a "little child" (as opposed to a big child I suppose).

One of my favorite things... the first big quilt I ever made. I put it on our bed last night and even though it's rather sedate and nothing I would make today... I LOVE IT!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Fellowship Dinner at church. One day Women's Conference this Saturday. And... lots of work on the rental house.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...The quilt I mentioned as a favorite thing. It's an Amish Design. Traditionally done with black, mines navy blue. I'm such a rebel.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

  1. You MADE that quilt? It's gorgeous! Styles may have changed to brighter colors but beauty will never go out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your quilt is LOVELY! so much work...large amounts of fabric awe and intimidate me...

    you are brave :)

    ps, i love you too :)

    ReplyDelete