Sunday, October 12, 2008

Another Reason Surferman is My Hero


Odyssey blur, originally uploaded by jdfourtyres.

It's Sunday. We are late for church. And I'm feeling a bit pushed.

And then... I'm cut off by a car pulling out of a parking lot. To add insult to injury, said car stops in the middle of the road while the driver figures out that yes, he is driving a car. Shesh!

I spout my usual words of disgust (not profanity) at people who drive badly and give the steering a good thumping.

In the back seat, Grom wants to know what was going on. As usual he is in his own world and not paying attention. I tell him what had happened.

He ask me if I know what Daddy says to people who drive badly. I told him I didn't. Truly I was afraid of what might come out of my 4 year old's mouth. We've had some interesting conversations about what words are ok to say and where and to who.

And then from the back seat... Daddy says, "Duuuuuuuude" in a voice that sounded just like Surferman. "No worries!"

1 comment:

  1. Hee hee, good daddy!

    I've been running into some crazy drivers lately myself, what is going on out there?

    ReplyDelete