Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Proof he's my kid...

The other day, Grom brought me a pad of paper and a pencil. He needed to make a to do list because he kept forgetting to get Surferman to help him hang a dinosaur poster in his fort (it's a big cupboard we let him play in).

He started dictating his list to me. I promise none of this was at my urging although I was beaming with pride inside.

Now... he walks around the house muttering and shaking his head just like mom... Where's my list?

Surferman would want me to clarify...
1) We don't sit around in a dark living room. 2 of the 4 bulbs in our ceiling fan are burned out, there is still plenty of light.

2) Grom doesn't routinely go in the oven.

2 comments:

  1. !!!! That is HILIARIOUS.

    It's like how I get excited when I see Amelie's OCD...oh, I mean.... "orderliness" shining through.
    She MUST have the cupboards closed, the toys in the right bins, etc.

    And yes, it is always a great idea to be careful when going into an oven. I'll have to remember that one;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a keeper for sure.
    next thing you know he will be labeling things just like you and your mom do around the house!
    ... now where did I put that label maker?

    ReplyDelete