Monday, October 27, 2008

Daybook October 27, 2008


FOR TODAY, Monday October 27, 2008
  • Outside My Window...a beautiful sunset. There is a forest fire just up the coast. God consumes. God redeems. God paints amazing skies for us.
  • I am thinking...about refining, about diligence vs. discipline, about grace.
  • I am thankful for...missionaries. We have friends who are returning after 3 years serving the Lord in Romania and friends who are about to leave for Kenya. I'm thankful that they listen to God, follow His lead and serve Him with all their hearts, minds and strength.
  • From the kitchen...delicious tacos that were a punt. Surferman got into the chicken I was going to make tacos out of. How can that man eat as much chicken for his lunch as I was planning on feeding the entire family for dinner? Fortunately, I had some cooked ground turkey patties in the freezer that turned into tacos rather easily. I wish I hadn't wasted that time I was mad at Surferman for eating our dinner.
  • I am wearing...new black long pants, new blue long sleeved top, socks!, and black loafers. The changing of Robin's wardrobe is a sure sign that fall is here.
  • I am creating...or I should be creating my ornaments for the Jesse Tree exchange that I'm doing. I'm kinda stuck. Crafter block I guess. I think I need to power through it.
  • I am going...nowhere. No plans to go anywhere this week. Well... church.
  • I am reading...Another Yada Yada Prayer Group book. I don't think I'll stop until they do. I'm enjoying the easy reading.
  • I am hoping... we find great tenants for our home. And that Surferman gets a job or ???
  • I am hearing... various beeping. I should probably go find out what it is.
  • Around the house... Surferman is doing a side job for our neighbor. Our neighbor bought a camper van (not a VW) for his niece who is currently homeless and living in her car. Surferman is getting it into reliable mechanical shape before he delivers it to her. I think our neighbor is cool.
  • One of my favorite things...Fabulous, Fun Friday - A day of grocery shopping, gymnastics, lunch out and play at a park with our "friend buddies" (that's what the boys call each other). I get to spend time with a godly woman and one of my best friends and our boys get to fight, tussle play with each other.
  • A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I need to find the order in this house. It might be under that pile of books over there. Or at the bottom of that laundry basket. Or wait it might be...
Here is picture thought I am sharing...This is what I might look like if I were an m'nm and my hair was as blonde as it is in my head. Notice that I'm holding a cup of coffee. If I were an m'nm it probably wouldn't be a mocha. I'm glad I'm not an m'nm.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

Oh... and the beeping stopped and I don't smell fire.

2 comments:

  1. i like that you used the word "tussle." amazing.

    and her hair does kinda flip out at the ends like yours...genius, robin.

    ReplyDelete