Sunday, October 12, 2008

What's for Dinner - Week of October 13, 2008

We are planning a trip to the Train Wreck Store (a market in a local community that sells cans and close to expire food for bargain prices) in a couple of weeks. We call it the Train Wreck Store, because we imagine that there was a huge train wreck on the way to the grocery store - the workers went out to clean up the tracks and then brought all the food to the Train Wreck Store. It's brands and labels we don't recognize, but always a great deal.

Until then, I'm trying to use up stuff in our freezers and pantry. Out with the old, make room for the new.

I can't get my mind around what we are going to eat each day, but here are some recipe that fit my grocery reserves. Lots of vegan and vegetarian choices here.

Addictive Sweet Potato Burritos

Sweet Potato and Curried Red Lentil Pizza Stew - I'm going to skip the crust and serve it like a stew.

No Knead Bread - a family favorite and a chance to try my Irish Butter.

Slowcooker Beef Vegetable Soup - I've got beef chunks to use up and there are always veggies to use from the CSA box.

BBQ Tempeh Sandwiches - I got a great deal on Tempeh. Finally figured out what to do with it.

Raw Veggie Sacks
Watermelon (somehow we have 3!)
Salads

No comments:

Post a Comment