Monday, August 25, 2008

Daybook August 25, 2008 - Maui Edition


FOR TODAY... August 25, 2008
  • Outside My Window... a beautiful screen patio that is calling me to sit outside.
  • I am thinking... I should wake up Surferman from his nap and that we should go do something.
  • I am thankful for... my parents who are camping with Grom while I am blessed to be on (or is it in, or...) Maui with Surferman.
  • From the kitchen... last night we grilled corn and salmon and had green salad. Tonight we are going out.
  • I am wearing... my new bathing suit and hawaiian cover up (I refuse to say I'm wearing a mumu). No shoes. I left them at the front door - Hawaiian style. Wish I could make that fly at home.
  • I am creating... sweet memories.
  • I am going... to Haleakala State Park (the high spot of Maui) to watch the sunrise tomorrow. We have to leave at 3 am. yikes!
  • I am reading... Hudson Taylor, Fool's Puzzle by Earlene Fowler (a mystery with quilts) and my pile of neglected magazines.
  • I am hoping... that this week goes reeeeaaaallllllly sloooooooow.
  • I am hearing...the gentle hum of an air conditioner and the even breaths of Surferman.
  • Around the house... ask Jason the housesitter.
  • A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... dinner at The Melting Pot (mmm... fondue), Attacking the Road to Hana, some snorkeling, a swap meet, a goat dairy and cheese factory, lots of laying on beaches, some swimming, church at Hope Chapel, lots of good things to eat.
Here is picture thought I am sharing...
Me and Surferman under the Banyan Tree in Lahaina.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

6 comments:

  1. i'm so glad you are resting and happy, dear robin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so great that you are getting some time back in Maui! Have a great time (and don't check email too much!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin! I don't think I've ever seen a picture of you before! Other than the way back ones of course. You've grown. LOL

    With a name like Surferman, your husband must be in hoggy heaven there in Hawaii, has he been getting any surfing in?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, aloha and mahalo for linking to my post on the road to Hana!

    I'd love to hear your thoughts on that beautiful drive. For me it was ohs and ahs around every curve.

    When you return from your Maui vacation, if you'd like to write a guest post on my little (blog) project of aloha, I would be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fondue sounds delicious!

    I have a stack of neglected magazines, too. I'm hoping I may have a chance to look at them when we go camping this weekend.

    Blessings,
    Michele :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a different Michele with one L than the previous commenter! Maui looks so great - your post makes me want to go! Thanks for your comment on my delicious.com post - are you on there? If so, I'd love to connect.

    ReplyDelete