Monday, August 18, 2008

Daybook August 18, 2008

FOR TODAY August 18, 2008...

  • Outside My Window... dark, dark, dark. I'm burning the candle at both ends again.
  • I am thinking... about the things I need to do, want to do and should do before we leave for Maui!
  • I am thankful for... Erika. I've had the opportunity to spend more time with her this summer and she is one awesome (I'm trying to think of the word that would be most flattering to her...) child of God (that's what I came up with - better than... gal, woman, chick.) She's creative, funny and tells it how God sees it (she knows her Word).
  • From the kitchen... I made the yummiest green pasta sauce tonight with spinach and ricotta cheese. Even Grom liked it. He knew what was in it, and tried hard not to like it, but he couldn't resist it's deliciousness.
  • I am wearing... the usual. Black capri, Black croc flip flops and a t-shirt (blue)
  • I am creating... t-shirts. I'm trying to salvage a couple of t-shirts that I got bleach on while doing laundry. I cut stencils tonight and as soon as I can do the rest I'll post pictures.
  • I am going... to MAUI in 3 days, 0 hours, 29 minutes and 10 seconds - give or take.
  • I am reading... Hudson Taylor still. Hudson gets to go to Maui too. I'm looking for some other fun reads. Got any suggestions?
  • I am hoping... to hear results of my biospsy soon.
  • I am hearing... the tick tock of my clock.
  • Around the house... the schoolroom is done. I'll post pictures later this week or soon.
  • One of my favorite things... cheese. Cheese puffs, Mac and Cheese, Cheese pizza, Cheese you name it.
  • A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: work, pack, sleep, play, drive, fly, relax

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Last Friday, Grom's buddy spent the day with us. They had smiley face breakfasts complete with tiny swords to stab the blueberries with. It was hit. Too many blueberries. I washed the left over blueberries and froze them. Grom later enjoyed them for a snack. Frugal or gross? Let me know.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

2 comments:

  1. how do you make your green pasta sauce?

    it sounds extremely interesting, especially if spinach is involved....

    lemme know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time in Maui...I was there in 2004 and loved every minute. May your trip be as blessed.

    ReplyDelete