Friday, August 15, 2008

The Big Green Pocketbook

Grom and I had fun with our book this week.

We read some great books that somehow tied in.
  • Next Stop by Sarah Ellis
  • Lilly's Purple Plastic Purse by Kevin Henkes (also book on tape)
  • When Dinosaurs Came With Everything by Elise Broach
  • My Backpack by Eve Bunting
  • The Bag I'm Taking to Grandma's by Shirley Neitzel
  • Bunny Money by Rosemary Wells
I bought the Fold And Learn from FIAR Digital and also used some materials from Homeschool Share for our project folder. I think this is like what people call a lapbook or a notebook. Doesn't matter what it's called, it was fun. Grom balked a bit at some of the coloring projects, but when I pulled out the colored glue paint markers he jumped right in. I'm going to have to remember that. I'm not sure I'd invest in the Fold and Learn again. I'm going to do our next book without buying the kit and see what I come up with.



We worked with money - counting, sorting, recognizing. It was a good start.

I wanted to take a bus trip and run some errands. It didn't happen this week, but that doesn't mean it won't... someday.

1 comment:

  1. the author of that book has a sweet last name-

    ransom

    very cs lewis

    you are a good mommy, ms robin.

    ReplyDelete