Monday, June 16, 2008

Daybook June 16, 2008


FOR TODAY - JUNE 16, 2008...

Outside My Window... all is still.  It's dark.  I wanted to start posting a Daybook this week - looks like it's a Nightbook this week.

I am thinking... about veggies - organic veggies, growing my own veggies, cooking veggies, strawberries (ok those are a fruit).

I am thankful for... playing cars, reading Charlotte's Web, time with Grom, that we had the money to send Surferman to see his Dad without financial stress, for the small things - I am SO blessed!

From the kitchen... Veggie Stir Fry - Brocolli, Green Beans, Sugar Snap Peas, Carrots and Tofu
I am wearing... Black t-shirt with maroon t-shirt on top, black cargo capri pants (my favorites) and Croc flip flops

I am creating... started knitting a kitchen wash cloth yesterday.

I am going... to go start a couple of loads of laundry before bed.  I also need to get my purse cleaned out, cash envelopes divvied up (it's the 16th, hello!).  

I am reading... Finding Alice by Melanie Carlson - not sure about this book yet

I am hoping... my sister can keep her babies (twin girls) gestating a few more (at least 3) weeks.  She's hospitalized with preeclampsia.  Please pray for her.

I am hearing... I have the TV on.

Around the house... still working on Grom's school room, dining room chairs are being painted (black) and we're welcoming summer.

One of my favorite things... coffee (decaf is great) with milk or half and half.  Love me a decaf misto.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: I need a new brain (book).  What I'm doing just isn't working and something needs to work.  Surferman leaves Friday to go see his Dad (currently hospitalized).  We'll be eating veggies. Grin.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...
From our vacation.  A Bald Eagle on the bank of the Rogue River.  It was eating prey.  The birds hovering are Turkey Vultures waiting for leftovers.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment