Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Daybook August 31, 2010


FOR TODAY... Tuesday August 31, 2010

Outside my window... dusk of a beautiful day

I am thinking... about things that I should be doing besides watching Chopped and blogging.

I am thankful for... coffee with a friend and time to share our lives.

From the learning rooms... Grom is starting at a Montessori Charter School next Tuesday. Until then we have some homeschool work to get done. And I've been putting together work bags for when he comes to church with me.

From the kitchen... My mom cooked tonight. We had pizza from Costco, salad and fruit. She's finally keeping it simple. We also had an unexpected guest. I love unexpected guests.

I am wearing... dark red tee, black cargo capris (I need a new pair)

I am creating... I framed a couple of things this week. Does that count?

I am going... to pick up our new "son" Thursday night. We have a 16 year old boy from Switzerland staying with us until they are able to find a permanent home for him for the school year. I think he'll be able to teach Grom and thing or two about soccer.

I am reading... A Tale of Three Kings by Gene Edwards. My Pastor recommended it.

I am hoping... our student-parent-teacher meeting at school goes well tomorrow.

I am hearing... wind chimes outside.

Around the house... I've been talking to my artist friend about doing some painting to replace her painting that was destroyed in our remodel. Clouds on Grom's ceiling and some vines and Bible in our bathroom. I think she's going to be able to start soon. I'm so excited.

One of my favorite things... letting Grom pick the nail polish color for my toenails when I get a manicure. It saves me some thinking. Usually he does well... except maybe the time my toes were turquoise blue.

Vocabulary word of the week:
indomitable - (adj.): that cannot be subdued or overcome, as persons, will, or courage; unconquerable
synonyms: unyielding
used in a sentence: I believe the Proverbs 31 woman had an indomitable spirit.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Besides our new "son" (I'll have to come up with an alias for him after I get to know him), we have our annual gigantic end of summer blow out church picnic. It's always really fun. Saturday is also Surferman's birthday. Grom and I are taking him out to a surprise dinner.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Downtown Brown, my guys and Grom's buddy... and they are all smiling.

How you can be praying for me and mine... consistency and obedience. And that Surferman would feel extremely blessed and spoiled on his birthday.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment