Monday, August 16, 2010

Daybook August 16, 2010

FOR TODAY - Tuesday August 16, 2010

Outside my window... dark and quiet. Today was a beautiful day and gorgeous evening.

I am thinking... about getting my own domain. What do you think of robinmeaney.com? It's available. I keep reading that my name is my brand. Brand of what, I'm not sure...

I am thankful for... the men and women that I work with. They are the greatest. Sometimes I have trouble getting my work done because I enjoy being there so much. I'm blessed to have amazing fellowship daily at work. (I guess it should be that way when you work at a church, but I'm afraid it isn't always that way for everybody).

From the learning rooms... cleaning and preparing for school. Grom is starting at a brand new Montessori Charter School. We have a registration meeting this week.

From the kitchen... Seafood Chowder. A recipe I created after having delicious soup at a local restaurant (now closed). Fabulous!

I am wearing... orange felted slippers, grey capri pants, black tee.

I am creating... I'm trying to learn how to crochet. I have the basic idea, but need to take time to practice and get the stitches? ingrained in my head. I want to make some hats.

I am going... to help my mom sell some cool stuff that she's made. She's donating proceeds to a dear friend in England (Hi Tobi... surprise!). So if you've ever wanted a cool felted wool purse.... start saving. I've seen what she's working on and it's great for the approaching fall.

I am reading... nothing right now. I just finished the latest Neta Jackson book - "Who Do I Lean On?". It was a nice light read.

I am hoping... Kerry is still reading.

I am hearing... Surferman's robovoice on his computer reading something to him and worship music in the background.

Around the house... still working through some piles. I have problems in our school room, my studio and my bedroom. Grom's room is also a bit cluttered. I'm starting to have trouble getting him to pare down. Any advice?

One of my favorite things... talking with Grom in the car. We have some unbelievable conversations - fun and deep, silly and important, challenging and secret. Lately we've been listening to stories from
Storynory . Lately we've heard a lot of stories about gods and goddesses - from Greek mythology and also Japanese. It's been interesting to talk about why they created so many gods when we know that there is ONE true God. We're still working it out. I'll let you know what we come up with.

Vocabulary word of the week:
juxtapose - (verb): to place close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.
synonyms: appose, bring near, connect, pair, place in proximity, set side by side
used in a sentence: If you juxtapose my twin nieces they are easy to tell apart.

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting ready for school, cleaning and organizing, Grom's friend buddy is staying the night, and FARMERS MARKET (we haven't been all summer, which is quite unexpected for us).

Here is a picture I am sharing...

Grom mid-air off the lifeguard chair on the last day of swim lessons.
He jumped from the 4th step up. He's saving the 5th step for next summer.

How you can be praying for me and mine... direction for Surferman, unspoken for Grom, that I'd get my gumption back to lose more weight - consistency for all of us.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment