Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Daybook August 24, 2010

FOR TODAY - Tuesday August 24, 2010

Outside my window... dark and quiet. Today was a wonderful hot day. Thankfully it cooled off this evening.

I am thinking... about routine and order and charts and to do lists and plans and...

I am thankful for... routine and order and charts and to do lists and plans and...

From the learning rooms... Our schoolroom is clean and ready... just a couple of things left to do. We are supposed to be starting school tomorrow, but haven't been given any direction or guidelines yet. We have a parent meeting tomorrow night and I'm hoping everything will be clearer after.

From the kitchen... It's a busy week. Most of the cooking I'm doing is survival. Today I threw together dinner for tomorrow night. I'll be able to pop it in the oven, set a timer and have it ready when we get back from Grom's first soccer practice of the season.

I am wearing... navy blue floral print capris, white tees and flip flops.

I am creating... no time for creating. Talk to me next week.

I am going... I have no idea.

I am reading... emails.

I am hoping... Grom doesn't have any cavities.

I am hearing... Covert Affairs on the TV. It's a fun spy show.

Around the house... Surferman and I attacked the schoolroom and Grom's room last weekend. They look fabulous. Just a few details left in each of those rooms. Our bedroom however is still a bit of a wreck. It's next on the list.

One of my favorite things... tuberose. They smell soooo good and remind me of Hawaii and my wedding. (I wore them in my hair).


Vocabulary word of the week:
calumny - (noun): a false and malicious statement designed to injure the reputation of someone or something
synonyms: libel, vilification, calumniation, derogation
used in a sentence: It is harder to kill a whisper than even a shouted calumny.

A few plans for the rest of the week: getting ready for school, cleaning and organizing, Grom's dental cleaning appointment, soccer practice and FARMERS MARKET (again! 2 weeks in a row!), watching my nieces, and some other stuff.

Here is a picture I am sharing...

A bowl of beautiful pears from a friend.

How you can be praying for me and mine... that we'd establish and settle into the routine of the school year. That Grom's new school would be a great experience for all of us.

Have a great week. Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment