Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Random Dozen - 8/25/10

1. What is your favorite Mexican dish? chips and salsa (but it has to be jarred - thick and chunky mild... medium if I'm in a sassy mood)

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate? I don't remember doing homework until Jr High. I remember a few late nights finishing big projects. I think I was pretty good about getting my day to day homework done right away.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings? Ikea. I can always find something I need when I wander through this shopper's Disneyland.

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches? I remember certain things that the cafeteria sold, like a cranberry dessert, hot buttered rolls, butterfinger bars.

5. Is religion a crutch? no and yes. That's all you're going to get today.

6. In your region, what is the "big" (most popular in the community or state) high school sport? I don't really know. Our Youth Pastor coaches Girls Volleyball so that's pretty big around our church. He made 3 girls puke this week. He didn't tell us how many girls cried, but I'm guessing there were a few.

7. Do you consider yourself rich? yes... in so many ways. Rich is not just about $$$.

8. Which of these would you have the best chance for success in administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire
I think I could do any of them successfully. The Heimlich Maneuver would provide the fastest feedback of if I was doing it right or not.

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
A) Salsa
B) Hip Hop
C) Waltz
D) Swing
Why not all of the above? And let's throw in tap while we're at it.

10. What's the worst news you've ever delivered to someone? I've had to tell multiple people that their loved ones have died. It doesn't get easier. In most of the cases the decedent was someone I cared about too.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
I learned that I was a lot more innocent than I realized. I was shocked by some of the things my friends did or had done. I'm thankful for the way I was raised and for God's protection when I wandered away from Him.

12. New variation on an old question: If there's a song in your head that just won't get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song I can't think of a song that's been stuck in my head lately.

Thank Linda for these random questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment