Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Dream Dinners - Italian Pomodoro Burgers - Review

Dream Dinners provides everything needed to assemble dinners for the freezer. They have easy-to-follow instructions and pre-cut ingredients. I choose 6-9 meals from their (new every month) menu of 14 or so items. I started going when I was dieting hoping it would be an easy way to feed the rest of my family a healthy meal. Every month, I'm faced with their menu of items to choose. I have brief descriptions and from those choose the things I think Surferman and Grom will like. Here's my review of another meal.

Italian Pomodoro Burgers

What's in the bag?
ground beef
seasoning bag
red sauce (thick like a pizza sauce)
shredded mozarella cheese
buns

What you do at home?
mix the seasoning into the ground beef
form into patties
grill or broil the patties
toast the buns
top burgers with sauce and cheese

Thoughts during preparation:
Surferman made them. He said they were easy to make.

What did I serve it with?
green salad and watermelon. We also had some leftover pasta. We had 3 burgers and 5 people ate so the pasta helped the burgers stretch a little further.

So... How did it taste?
Fantastic! The patty was juicy and flavorful. The sauce and cheese completed it. The hamburger bun was fine, but I think it would've been better on a ciabatta roll.

Would I purchase this meal again?
Sure would. Easy to prepare. Something Surferman can make. Delicious.

Preparation: 10 (out of 10)
Presentation: 9
Taste: 10

By the way: I can't share recipes. I don't have them and they belong to the nice folks at Dream Dinners anyway. I am not compensated in any way for my review and these are our opinions of the meals we purchased and prepared. As ovens, moods and cooking skills vary so might your experience with this same meal.

And... if you are one of my local friends and would like to give Dream Dinners a try, let me know. I might be able to hook you up.

No comments:

Post a Comment