Potato Bugs or Jerusalem Cricket. They give me the creeps. They look like some kind of alien baby.
2. What is the greenest/most organic thing about you or that you do?
I almost always use reusable shopping bags. I have some left from the last time we worried about the planet that I still use. Grom has a totally reusable lunchbox.... not a single plastic baggie needed. It makes me happy. Isn't that silly?
3. Tell me about a recurring dream that haunts you.
I dream that I have forgotten that I'm taking a college class. Never have gone to the class, I have to take the final. It usually a class like Sociology. It's probably Sociology because I have no idea what you study when you take Sociology (and I took it when I was in college).
4. Have you ever missed a flight? What were the circumstances?
Only because of weather.
5. What do you consider your best feature?
Physical Feature - maybe my eyes?
Overall Feature - my ability to solve problems or make things work
6. What was the last concert you went to?
I'm having a hard time remembering. It might have been Grom's Christmas Concert at school. We've got to get us some more culture.
7. Describe the most embarrassing church moment you ever experienced.
It's usually when I open my mouth. Earlier this summer our interns were sent out to share Jesus and invite people to church. Someone joked that they were told not to come back until someone was saved. Quickly I said, "We may never see them again". I was embarrassed that I had slammed the interns and the power of the Gospel with those few words.
8. Are you a whistler, hummer or singer?
A whistler. I knew an old guy and he'd always tell me... "A whistling girl and a cackling hen will never come to a good end." I'm a very good whistler.
9. George Washington Carver said, "I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station, through which God speaks to us every hour, if we will only tune in." What is God saying to you through nature today, or this very minute?
Grom had soccer today. It was a beautiful day and the clover flowers in the grass were very attractive to bees. A little thing that caused worry and distress. But when left alone... pollinates and makes honey.
10. On September, 1, 1752, the Liberty Bell arrived in Philadelphia. What memorable event will take place in your life on September 1, 2010?
Today won't be memorable for any positive reasons and I choose not to share the negative ones.
11. Taco Bell or the Liberty Bell? (You must choose.)
Taco Bell... they serve Pepsi.
12. Do you believe men and women can have purely platonic friendships?
Yes, but only in carefully guarded situations. It's about being above reproach and not be in situations that could be misinterpreted.
I enjoy the Random Dozen questions posted by Linda each week. Try it?