Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Daybook September 7, 2010


FOR TODAY... Tuesday September 7, 2010

Outside my window... it's really dark and really late. It's actually almost Wednesday. Good chance that by the time I'm done with this blog, it will be tomorrow.

I am thinking... that I have no idea when I'm going to be able to go to bed and that tomorrow morning is going to come early.

I am thankful for... Surferman and our marriage. I am blessed. I am SO blessed.

From the learning rooms... Grom started class time today. I haven't had a chance to think about what he and I are going to do - I want to make some plans.

From the kitchen... lunches for Grom. I found the greatest lunchbox for him. I've been having fun packing them. I think the lunchbox will end up being a blog post. Don't worry, I won't make you look at daily pictures of his lunches... well... maybe a couple.

I am wearing... my pajamas which used to be clothes that I wore during the day time, which is probably a good thing with the evening/night I'm having.

I am creating... lunches, routines, lesson plans, to do lists... all the boring stuff of life... I like it.

I am going... to try to get a good nights sleep. I don't think it will happen.

I am reading... Tale of Three Kings still. I'm reading it right before bed and I never get very far before I start drifting off.

I am hoping... all ends well. And that Swiss Kid has a great first day at high school. And that the girls leave him alone. It's amazing how quickly I morphed into the overprotective mother of a teenager.

I am hearing... Grom's music...
"choose for yourself todaaaaaay.... who are you going serve... choose for yourself todaaaaaay... who are you going serve... it's in Joshua... 24:15... yeahyeahyeah yeah"
It's from a CD that I bought at a Children's Ministry conference a bunch of years ago. It's not great music, but Grom loves it and how can a momma complain when her baby is listening to "God" songs all night long... or at least until I turn it off when I go to bed.

Around the house... Swiss Kid is here and a part of the family. I want to keep him. I had a call when I was at church. They were looking for a "Welcome Family" for a boy from Switzerland who was coming for the academic year to our local high school. I put out some feelers. When they called back, I heard "we'll do it" pop out of my mouth. And suddenly we have a 17 year old around the house.

One of my favorite things... Have I ever told you how much I like my bed?

Vocabulary word of the week:
kenspeckle - (adj.): conspicuous; easily seen or recognized
synonyms: n/a
used in a sentence: Despite his superhero costume, Grom was quite kenspeckle.

A few plans for the rest of the week: routine... beautiful and welcome routine! soccer practice, church and youth group, a potluck, some leftovers and hopefully some card games.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
The guys playing Angry Birds. Grom and Swiss Kid were taking turns lobbing birds at the pigs and Surferman had to get in on the action. Together, they completed all the levels in the lite version. $.99 bought some more fun.

How you can be praying for me and mine... Surferman and I will be out of town for a few days at the start of next week. Pray that we have enough routine for Grom and Swiss Kid for my parents who will be home. My grandma is also visiting next week.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment