Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Daybook September 21, 2010


FOR TODAY Tuesday September 21

Outside my window... it was a beautiful day. Warm and sunny with a little wind in the evening.

I am thinking... about a piece of furniture that we need for our bedroom. A diaper box full of books is not the look I'm going for.

I am thankful for... the Lord's mercy and grace.

From the learning rooms... Grom has been balking at writing lately. We are pushing forward with sticker math and flash cards. It's the ticket. His Montessori classroom time seems to be going well. He often has cool things that he's been working on to show me when class is over.

From the kitchen... smoothies. Today it was peaches, banana, orange juice and a little strawberry yogurt. Great breakfast for the guys.

I am wearing... black capris and a pale pale orange tee with little t-shirt flowers at the neckline. I really like it. Oh... and flip flops of course.

I am creating... I've got a photographic project in the works. I'm having trouble with the resolution of the shots. Might need to borrow my sisters camera.

I am going... to the gym in the morning. really.

I am reading... still prodding through Three Kings and Sheet Music. I haven't had much time to read.

I am hoping... that Erika is having a great time in Scotland.

I am hearing... the hum of a light. Isn't it annoying when you can hear lights?

Around the house... we've had lots of guests. First my grandmother, then an aunt and her family and now family friends.

One of my favorite things... a clean bathroom.

Vocabulary word of the week:
plaintive - (adj): expressive of suffering or woe : melancholy
synonyms: lamenting, elegiac, mournful, nostalgic, sorrowful, wistful, sad, melancholy
used in a sentence: Lamentations might be the most plaintive book of the Bible.

A few plans for the rest of the week: soccer for little kid, soccer for big kid, soccer for college kids (we're going to watch a game), a memorial service, a golf tournament - just another boring week at my house... not.

Here is picture I am sharing...


Grom and I went on a photographic letter hunt last Friday. Towards the end, he got a little rambunctious. He stepped into this photo. It one of the best shots I've had of him in a while.

How you can be praying for me and mine... Health for Grom - he's got a sporadic but nasty sounding cough. Direction for Surferman. Determination and discipline for me. SK is starting soccer at the High School - it would be great if he made the team.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment