Thursday, March 26, 2009
Thursday Thunks - 3/26/09
Thursday Thunk is a blogging meme that gives you something to blog about. I joined to add to the biographical quality of my blog. Think of it as another way to get to know me.
1. What is your favorite type of soda (if you drink soda)?
Pepsi and I have a thing. It's my go to when I'm tired, stressed, etc. I probably have 2 a week.
2. Do you believe in astrology? If so, what does your sign say about you?
Nope. I believe in God and his son, Jesus.
3. Who is John Galt?
No idea. After googling, it seems he's a character in an Ayn Rand book. Probably another one I missed in high school.
4. What is the last thing you do before you go to sleep at night?
uhh.. turn off the light? actually I read for a bit, then turn off the light and then pray until I actually fall asleep.
5. Who's your Daddy?
God's rad, He's my Dad. Bob is my earthly dad. He's pretty rad too.
6. Jelly beans or Jelly Bellies?
Jelly Bellies for sure! Pear and Pink Grapefruit are my favorites. I also like jelly belly recipes like peanut butter and jelly sandwich (2 peanut butter and 1 grape) and blueberry muffin (2 blueberry and 1 buttered popcorn).
7. What do you think about yellow car? Why car manufacturer actually made yellow cars?
I wouldn't want a yellow car, but they don't bother me. They have to make them for taxi cabs. Now if they made orange cars...
8. Holding on or Letting go?
I think I'm mostly a letting go kinda gal.
11. Spring - is it here yet??
I think so. I'll know for sure when strawberries get cheap at Farmer's Market.
12. Does Google Streetview scare you?
It's freaky but cool. A friend found her parents on their afternoon walk but browsing their neighborhood.
13. What is your favorite brand of ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's
14. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Everything but the...
15. Do you ever get tired of your everyday routine?
Sure. That's why we take trips to Maui and
16. What inspires you?
So many things... God's Word, friends, the internet, music, nature...
17. It’s springtime-do you spend more time outdoors?
I want to. It always seems to take us a little while to get used to having and taking advantage of more evening light. It's Bocce time!
19. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you, and why?
Right here. I might try Maui.
20. Why do you blog?
Good question. Autobiographical. Creativity. Fun.
21. What are electrolytes and why are they good for us?
I could copy from Wikipedia, but that's not the point. In this context, they are elements that make up our body fluids. They are important because they make our body work. When they are out of balance we can have all kinds of problems from dehydration to cardiac.
22. Do you twitter? Why or why not?
Yes. It's mini-blogging.
23. What did you dream last night?
I don't remember a dream last night.
24. What is the strangest thing you've eaten?
I once ate horse meat when we were visiting France.
25. What was the last picture that you took?
Grom. He was being particularly silly and letting me take pictures. It's not normal for him, so I took advantage and took lots. Here's one of the good ones...
26. What is your favorite part of spring?
Not spring allergies! I like the green mountains and the wildflowers... actually those probably cause those spring allergies.
27. What is one thing that you did this past week that no one knows about?
I got breakfast at McDonalds.
28. What kind of bandages do you typically have in your household?
I usually buy store brand band-aids.