Monday, March 09, 2009

Daybook March 9, 2009

FOR TODAY... March 9, 2009

Outside My Window... beautiful blue sky and a gentle breeze

I am thinking... I don't want to go to my tax appointment. I'm trying to get ready and am hoping I will be. It won't be bad news, there are just a hundred or more things I'd rather do. It's one of those "adult" things that I just don't want to do.

I am thankful for... a brand new baby boy who was lovingly given to our good friends. His birth-mom showed unconditional love by releasing him to be raised in a wonderful family. His mom showed faith and patience (although she'll readily admit she wasn't always that patient) waiting for this little one to complete their family.

From the kitchen... I need to find something (anything) to do with a bunch of turnips (and some kohlrabi and a few rutabegas). There has to be a lovely way to prepare them. I have fresh beets to cook too. The biggest problem with them is that they are a pain in the neck to peel.

From the schoolroom... More Mike Mulligan.

I am wearing... black pants, a new bright pink shirt and black flip flops

I am creating... I have a knit washcloth in the works as well as some paper crafts and a couple of quilts. I want to make Grom some PJ pants.

I am going... to eat dinner tonight that I didn't cook or have to clean up after. Those are the best meals.

I am reading... "Animal Farm" by George Orwell. It's one of those books that I probably should've read in school but somehow never did. I finally finished "Embrace Me" by Lisa Samson. I'm glad I finished it, but am not sure I'd tell you to read it.

I am hoping... to laugh a lot this week. Why not?

I am hearing... Surferman and Grom in the shower. Too much fun is going on.

Around the house... new clothes and shoes for me. I got a great deal on the shoes. Now I just have to make sure that I get rid of some of the old ones.

One of my favorite things... Trader Joe's. It's my favorite place and first stop for grocery shopping. Good stuff. Good prices.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: back to the routine... yay! Nothing exciting and I'm glad. I do have a baby shower this weekend that I'm looking forward to.

Here is picture I am sharing...
Grom's sandy feet. We had photos taken for a Christmas Card which was then going to be a New Year's Card which was then going to be a Valentine's Card and now might become a St Paddy's Greeting. sheesh. Our friend Janelle took the pictures. She has beautiful stuff for sale at Etsy. Go look at her pretties.

How you can be praying for me and mine... For me: that I'd get plenty of rest and be better at taking my supplements. Surferman is still waiting to actually get to work. He has a physical tomorrow. For Grom: that he'd love the Lord all of his days.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. i usually eat kohlrabi raw...with hummus would be amazing. you can also roast it :)

    -cas

    by the way, the only way i can get it to post my comments is if i do it annonymously...so ya.

    ReplyDelete