Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Daybook July 29, 2008



FOR TODAY... July 29, 2008

Outside My Window... it's really dark. There is NO laundry hanging on my line. woo hoo!

I am thinking... about holiness. Garbage in/Garbage out. Cultivating my Servant's Heart. Dealing with people who just don't get it.

I am thankful for... people who get it. Sweet times with Grom. Cas.

From the kitchen... lots of fruit and veggies. I did a lot of cooking for Grom's birthday celebration. Going to keep it simple this week.

I am wearing... Blue night shirt and those same old Croc flip flops.

I am creating... I have a knitted washcloth in progress. I am cleaning my Studio and have some projects in mind.

I am going... to Maui with Surferman in 23 days!

I am reading... a biography of Hudson Taylor. A dear friend loaned it to me. I am really enjoying it. I was a bit worried it would be too deep or serious for me after the fluff I've been reading, but it's not. It's wonderful and probably part of the reason I'm thinking about holiness.

I am hoping... we'll find time to go to the fair. I love the fair.

I am hearing... Surferman's TV in the other room, the click clack of my keyboard and the tick tock of my clock.

Around the house... a beautiful new RED leather sofa unlike anything I could imagine. It's soft and wonderful. I can't wait to take a nap on it.

One of my favorite things... listening to podcasts of the Dave Ramsey Show while cooking dinner with Grom and waiting for Surferman to get home.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Find a swim suit for Maui.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

Canoe Beach - Maui - A favorite spot.
photo by Peyri (Flickr)


Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. i love you too miss robin...

    by the way, it is rumored that hawaii is a nice place to vacation this time of year...its just a rumor though :D

    i finished the poster for the book nook...i'm going to try to hang it today or tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete