Monday, July 07, 2008

Daybook July 7, 2008



FOR TODAY... July 7, 2008
  • Outside My Window... Fog. Those days of June gloom we missed last month are making up for lost time in early July.
  • I am thinking... about making a decaf americano with a splash of half-n-half. I've also been thinking about stress. God tells us to cast our cares upon Him. He cares about all of our silly things. So what about physical manifestations of stress - migranes, cold sores, rashes, zit outbreaks? Do the physical symptoms of stress come regardless of our spiritual state? If we have physical reactions does that mean we're holding something back from God? I wonder.
  • I am thankful for... my sister (she celebrated a birthday yesterday), my husband (he rocks), chocolate.
  • From the kitchen... Chili for a lunch at church tomorrow. Popsicles. Bento lunches.
  • I am wearing... Grey pants, teal t-shirt, black flip flops. My hair is up in a barrette.
  • I am creating... order in my messy chaotic world (I'm hopeful). I'm gearing up for a creative jag. I can feel it coming.
  • I am going... to keep up with my quiet times with the Lord this week.
  • I am reading... a silly Christian romance novel. So fluffy... sheesh.
  • I am hoping... my nieces will be home soon, Grom's manners will improve, that I'll have time with a dear friend this week.
  • I am hearing... the clock ticking. Oh, sweet silence.
  • Around the house... Dining room without chairs - we are painting them. Clear flat surface in my bedroom - I'm decluttering.
  • One of my favorite things... head poppin' off hugs from my boy
  • A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Swim lessons (Grom), Hair cut and color (Me), Women's Tea with church.
  • Here is picture thought I am sharing...
photo by emdot (Flickr)

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. i wonder what your fluffy christian novel is...i've read a few in my day too :) why? i dunno.

    i like what you said about holding back things from God as counting as stress. its what He's been teaching me too....

    i miss miss miss miss you, miss robin :)
    cas

    ReplyDelete