Tuesday, January 31, 2012

BEING Robin 01.31.2012



THINKING: I'm really glad that January is over.  Not sure why exactly, just really looking forward to February.

DOING: We're off to Solvang this weekend to spend a little time with Surferman's mom and step-dad.  I'm excited for a mini getaway.  I've been thinking about Summer and vacation plans.  

COOKING: Still working on cleaning out the freezer and pantry.  I made a huge pot of chili with leftover pork for tonight, and a pot of split pea soup with ham for tomorrow night.  I felt like I was pulling something over on someone.  I cooked two dinners at once.  Ha!  Take that!

TEACHING: Grom and I have been having a lot of fun with money.  I grab a handful of change from the change mug and give it to him.  He tells me how much is there.  I make a record sheet with some questions, like "How much do you have left if you buy an ice cream for $.99?" and "How many nickels would that amount be?"  He keeps asking if he gets to keep the money when he's done.  Little does he know that the change mug money becomes my Starbucks money... don't see me giving it away anytime soon.

READING: I still haven't found a novel.  I'm half through with the "Night Circus".  I keep forgetting to put part 2 on my phone.

WATCHING:  I recorded a marathon of the "Love..." movies - can't remember the author, but the main characters all seem like they would've been friends with Laura Ingalls.  I've been totally sucked in.  I've watched 3 and have a bunch to go.  I like how they gently tie God into the plot lines.

CREATING: Restaurants.  Grom and I are engrossed in a silly iPad game.  It's a total time waster, but we are having a ball.

THANKING: Grom and I were able to spend a lot of time together this past weekend.  7 year old boys are awesome.

PRAYING: Wisdom in an interesting opportunity for Surferman, diligence in completing my organizing challenge, Grom's karate belt test on Saturday and a sweet visit with Surferman's parents this weekend.

STUDYING: One more week of Joseph for Kids Club.  I have been wanting to really dig into and pull apart a book of the Bible.  I'm stuck choosing which one.  What's your favorite epistle?

WORDING: quixotic (adj.) - exceedingly idealistic; unrealistic and impractical. I find I'm inundated with quixotic ideas for Valentine's Day.

So that's what it's like being Robin this week.

Looking for the Daybook?  I've moved on. I'm starting my own thing... BEING Robin.  You can join me if you want, but don't BE Robin.  Be yourself.  Let me know if you share your week, I'd love to read it.

1 comment: