Monday, October 19, 2009

Daybook October 19, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday October 19, 2009

Outside my window... I'm at gymnastics watching Grom and a hundred other kids. It's a nice day. It's not a sauna on the parent deck.

I am thinking... about the rest of a busy and eventful week.

I am hearing... lots of kid noises and the Karate coach yelling short syllable unintelligible words.

I am thankful for... a new iPhone app (free!) that I found that might be a missing piece in digitizing my brain book. Now I just have to remember to keep my phone charged.

I am wearing... black capri pants, blue tee, trainers. I left my orange sweater in the car.

I am remembering... Fabulous Fun Friday and wishing my friend was here at gymnastics with me.

I am going... to get a lot done tonight. I have to. Things are a mess and laundry calls.

I am reading... The Memory Keeper's Daughter by Kim Edwards. My mom gave it to me as Christian fiction. I'm only a few pages in. It's good so far, but I can tell it's not marketed as Christian fiction.

I am hoping... time flys on Tuesday and Wednesday.

On my mind...
poop.

From the learning rooms...
Grom and I are still reading books to go along with Apple Pie. We're going to make an apple pie this week and some honey cookies.

Noticing that... I'm very different from all the other moms. I hope it's a good thing for Grom.

Pondering these words...
from verse of the day email
"But "he who glories, let him glory in the LORD." For not he who commends himself is approved, but whom the Lord commends."

- 2 Corinthians 10:17-18 (NKJV)
From the kitchen... Three pans full of Arroz Con Pollo were put together in record time this afternoon. Two for this week. One for the freezer. Yay for meals in the freezer. I'll post the recipe this week.

Around the house...
I'm watching too much television. The new shows started and I had to check a bunch out. Most of the new shows aren't very good, so my tv time should be reduced soon.

One of my favorite things...
going to Farmers Market with Grom on Monday afternoons... watching him pick out the perfect dry farmed watermelon... and smiling as he muscles it back to the car. Eating said watermelon is another favorite thing. You haven't had a watermelon until you've had a dry farmed (non-irrigated) watermelon.

A picture to share...

I fear he gets his seriousness from me.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment