Monday, October 26, 2009

Daybook October 26, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday October 26, 2009

Outside my window... a beautiful, clear and warm day. I'm sitting on the sweaty parents' loft at gymnastics again. I should've bought an iced Starbucks instead of the hot one.

I am thinking... about what a nice day today has been. Grom has been listening better today.

I am hearing... high pitch screeching. It hurts my ears.

I am thankful for... God's protection. Grom got accidently poked near the eye with a pen at school today. After some tears and a wet brown paper towel (why do schools have brown paper towels?) he was fine... a bit swollen but fine.

I am wearing... navy capri, light blue 3/4 sleeve tee, croc flip flops

I am remembering... that I forgot to make a bunch of phone calls today. I dislike making phone calls.

I am going... on a dinner date with my boy. He gets to choose. I'm guessing we're going somewhere with macaroni and cheese.

I am reading... that same book I was reading last week... my mom told me to stick with it. I'm having trouble getting into it.

I am hoping... that Grom's good behavior holds for the rest of the evening.

On my mind... earrings. I've been making a bunch. I finally took pictures so I can post them soon. Here's my newest problem. I'm using recycled beads (from necklaces and such that have been taken apart. Sometimes the holes through the beads are bigger than the wire I used to make the earrings. It's very frustrating, the beads just slip right off. How do I make the holes smaller?

From the learning rooms... we are finishing the "apple" books. We made Honey Cookies that were not so tasty. They were sour. Surferman liked them.

Noticing that... costumes must be designed for people who live in colder climates. All of the coaches are dressed up and some of the kids... everyone in a costume looks h.o.t. I feel really bad for the toddler in the head to toe fur monkey costume. He has to be sweating.

Pondering these words... nothing. I guess I'm not in a pondering mood right now.

From the kitchen... it's a busy week so things will be simple. I'm looking forward to tomorrow when I'm going to roast up a bunch of veggies from Farmers Market.

Around the house... we put our new comforter cover on our bed. It's navy flannel and it's really too hot to be using right now, but I was ready for a change. I didn't wash it first, and boy is it shedding.

One of my favorite things... a clean (inside and out) car. Right now I have smashed up cookie all over my carpet.... sigh.

A picture to share...Grom's homework. It was E week. He included a photo of his buddy Elias and his grandma Elaine (who he colored like a clown for some reason).

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. for your bead problem, could you use those little 'seed' beads, or smaller ones to be 'stoppers' ? I look forward to seeing your creations when you post them!

    ReplyDelete