Monday, October 05, 2009

The Sugar Free Challenge - October 5


The Sugar Free Challenge is on.  So far, so good.

Today our oatmeal had stewed prunes added for sweetness.  It wasn't the same as my usual spoonful of brown sugar, but it wasn't terrible either.  Nothing I'd sign up to eat more of.  Since I have leftover for tomorrow, I'm going to have to get creative to make it yummy.

I bought some fruit to take to church to cut down any temptations for processed junk.  Did you know that a clementine has only 25 calories for all that goodness?  Just don't eat it in one bite.

I tried some Stevia in a cup of tea this afternoon.

Ugh... I just realized that I ate a piece of sourdough bread made with refined white flour.  Sayonara SLO dough... I'll miss you.

I can do this.

UPDATE! This is harder than I thought.  Tonight I grabbed a drink and then realized it was full of HFCS.  It's not something I usually drink, so I'm not sure what I was thinking. AND I realized that the marinade I soaked our chicken in was probably also loaded with refined sugar.   shesh!

I can do this.  Tomorrow is a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment