Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thursday Thunks - 6/25/09

Thursday Thunk is a blogging meme that gives you something to blog about. Find out what I think about weird, random and sometimes inappropriate things (I usually just delete those questions, in case you notice the numbering off). Happy Thunking!

1. Someone knocks at your door. You answer it. It's a kid from the local school selling candy bars for a fundraiser. Do you buy one?
Probably. I'm a sucker for kids who have to sell stuff for school.

2. The end of the world is tomorrow and you are out of milk - do you go buy some?

I wouldn't buy milk, but instead probably half-n-half. I use milk in my coffee every morning. But... if it was the end of the world... I'd splurge and buy half-n-half.

3. Have you ever picked up the phone and called someone that you hadn't talked to in years?
Nope. Out of sight, out of mind. I tend to focus on the people in direct view. If you want to stay my friend... don't move. I have less than a handful of friends that I keep in touch with who don't live in my county.

4. Whats on your computer desktop background?
A beautiful summer wallpaper from the Kindred site by Sarah Ahearn. Go look at it. It's really pretty and very cool. I love it.

5. What was the very first movie you saw in a movie theater?
I remember being really scared by Fantasia at a theater. It was so real, I swear I saw it live. I also remember seeing Song of the South at a Drive-In. I'm dating myself. WAIT! I just googled Song of the South and see that it was released in 1946 so something is wrong with that memory. I'm not THAT old. And... I googled Fantasia and it was released in 1940. Maybe these are my mother's memories?

6. If you had to take a 10th grade science test, do you think you would pass?
Walking in cold... probably not. If I had a chance to review the material for a little while... I think so.

7. Describe heaven.
A place without sadness, illness, trouble where I will dwell for eternity in the presence of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

8. Has a place that you lived ever been infested with some sort of insect or rodent?
Unfortunately, yes. When I lived in Tennessee, my apartment was full of cockroaches. I found out the landlord was regularly spraying when I wasn't home, and not notifying me that she was going to or had sprayed. Since I valued my health, I asked her not to spray without telling me. She kept spraying the other apartments and my apartment became roach haven.

9. When you were a youngin', did you hide in the clothes racks at department stores?
Of course!

10. Is there anything in your vehicle that is broken?
Just the CD player. Unfortunately though, my wonderful minivan is starting to show it's age.

11. What is something in your house that people would be surprise to find?
A dead skunk hat. My dad just brought one home from a trip for Grom. It's amazingly gross. I'm not sure what he was thinking.

12. Do you agree with the death penalty?
If it's carried out, I agree with it. If it's not, than why bother. Swift justice.

13. Whats your favorite type of bear?
This one. Real bear? Probably a polar bear.

14. Where was the last place you went?
To my friends house to get some cupcake holders for my sister. My sister is making a billion cupcakes for the Girlies' Birthday Extravaganza Party. I'm looking forward to eat one or three.

15. What if that person knocking at your door earlier was an adult selling candy bars... would you buy one?
Probably not.

1 comment:

  1. Back in the 'old' days they used to re-release movies.

    ReplyDelete