Monday, June 08, 2009

Daybook June 8, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday June 8, 2009

Outside My Window... it's really dark and really late. I should be headed to bed, but wanted to cross this one more thing off my to do list.

I am thinking... of Nicole and Ben at the hospital waiting for the birth of their baby, making decisions they didn't want to make. Lord, keep all of them safe.

I am thankful for... Crafty Women's Fellowship. We gather a couple of times a month and work on projects and fellowship. I enjoy their company, learn things and tonight got to hold a baby!

From the kitchen... Aunt Theo's Potatoes. I made 3 big pans for a baby shower on Saturday. Surferman finished the last of them for lunch today. They are SO yummy.

From the schoolroom... Lots of planning for our summer. I exceeded the number of books you can put on hold at one time from the library. I'm going to have to start using Surferman's card too. We have a lot of great books in our future.

I am wearing... a very sparkly red top, black pants, shoes and socks.

I am creating... a project with Photoshop and Illustrator for my sister's girlies' birthday party. I was so frustrated not being able to do what I want to do. A couple of gals at Crafty Women pointed me in the right direction. It's all about Command J. Who knew?

I am going... to have to reinstall the OS on my Mac. It's still acting wonky and the Geni (is that plural of Genius?) at the Apple store don't have any other ideas. I'm praying I have a good back up.

I am reading... a lot of great kids books and I finished The Runaway Quilt. I really enjoyed it.

I am hoping... to meet baby Joshua soon and that he and mom make it through healthy.

I am hearing... The tick tock of 2 or 3 different clocks. It's a peculiar symphony when mixed with the click click clack of my keyboard. Our home is so quiet right now.

Around the house... Big plans for decluttering, organizing and cleaning... all ending with a really big garage sale in 2 weeks. Surferman did his closet today. Mine is next. Maybe tomorrow?

One of my favorite things... listening to Max McLean read the Bible. I think he believes he is Paul. My pastor challenged us to read the book of 1 Corinthians three times this week. So far I've been able to listen once and skim it once (I was looking for Bible verses to post in our shower). What do you think... listen twice = read once or??

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Grom's last week at Montessori. First event with Summer Interns from church. Graduation Party. Graduation Party. Graduation Party?

Here is picture I am sharing... another shot of fearless Grom hanging from the Parallel Bar over the pit at gymnastics. I like this shot with the blurry girl in the front. His coach is the best. She is positive and challenging and great with discipline and keeps it really fun.


How you can be praying for me and mine... Pray for our homeschool experiment. Pray for my time management.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. my computer did funny things when i put os on it too...my friend had an extra lying around so i was like, "why not?" but after i installed it i kinda wished i hadnt. things are cool now though...hope your mac starts to cooperate :)

    ReplyDelete