Monday, June 29, 2009

Daybook June 29, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday June 29, 2009

Outside My Window... dark.

I am thinking... that it's good to be tired. My sleep has been restless the past few nights. Hopefully tonight will be better.

I am thankful for... church family. We are just home from a Softball BBQ fellowship. It was a lot of fun and I was happy to see a lot of folks come out to cheer on our rec league softball team.

From the kitchen... lots of leftovers from the Girlies' birthday bash. It was a great time. I am smelling decadent chocolate cupcakes as I type. Must... show... restraint...

From the schoolroom... we're rowing A Pair of Red Clogs. We also have postcards to address for a postcard exchange with homeschoolers around the country (and the world actually). They were supposed to be in the mail today. Hopefully tomorrow...

I am wearing... here we go again... black capris, floral print top, flip flops.

I am creating... do lapbooks count?

I am going... to figure out something to do with kohlrabi this week. I'm open to ideas.

I am reading... Quilter's Legacy still.

I am hoping... that a friend struggling with depression has breakthrough improvement and that her unsaved husband will see our Lord mighty and strong through her release from sadness, anxiety and panic. Please pray with me.

I am hearing... nothing. It's really quiet.

Around the house... my studio is still a mess. I don't go in there unless I have to. It's time to do something about it.

One of my favorite things... Pepsi. I drank my last can today. Really.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: homeschool, vbs, swim lessons, work, laundry, mommy and me, soccer, gymnastics, fun, lunch with friends, getting at that studio, and maybe some bocce.

Here is picture I am sharing...
This is Grom with his newest discovery... the pill bug or as he affectionately calls them Rolly Polly Pills. He's been finding them constantly, bringing them into the house, letting them crawl all over him and getting very upset when they die or have to be returned outside.

I had a roomate in college who had to collect Woodlouses or is that Wood Lice for a project. I guess there are 2 kinds, the ones that roll and the ones that don't. She had to have 100 that rolled. She got me to run around with her over turning rocks and boards looking for them. It was hillarious picking and poking at the poor things to make sure they would roll up into a pill. Where did that memory come from?

How you can be praying for me and mine... pray that we would thrive during these busy weeks. Pray for Surferman's back. He's had some numbness and tingling in his leg that is related to an old back injury.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment