Monday, December 05, 2011

daybook 12.5.11


FOR TODAY - Monday December 5, 2011

Outside my window... it's dark, but I see the twinkling of Christmas lights.

I am thinking...  about teaching Kids Club this week.  Old Testament prophesies of Jesus.  If that doesn't put me in a Christmas mindset no amount of decorations will.

I am thankful for... a fun day with Grom filled with lots of fa's and la's.

From the learning rooms... pushing our way to Winter Break.  I think we are both ready for a break.

From the kitchen... My parents made me the yummiest birthday dinner tonight.  BBQ Chicken, broccoli, asparagus and rice-a-roni.  Finished off with my sisters world famous chocolate cake.  It was worth the wait.

I am wearing... comfy sweats and a tee.

I am creating... Christmas memories.  When I say, "fa"... you say, "la la la".

I am going... to sleep well tonight... I'm bushed.

I am reading... listening to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins, a new book by Michael Baron that I can't remember the name of (I'm sure I will still be reading it next week).  Grom and I just finished The Wonderful Wizard of Oz by L.Frank Baum.  We started A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens, but I don't think Grom will stick with it.

I am hoping... to send out Christmas cards this year.  I'm not sure when I last did it.

Around the house... it looks a lot like Christmas.  I should share some pictures.

One of my favorite things... the seat warmers in my van.  So toasty.  Especially on cold morning drives to the gym.

Vocabulary word of the week:
paroxysm - a sudden, uncontrollable outburst
Christmas music strikes some people I know with paroxysms of happiness.

A few plans for the rest of the week: It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas.  Women's Christmas Tea, Christmas Tea Party with the Girlies, Christmas Dinner, Gingerbread House Party and more Christmas prefixed fun.

Here is a picture I am sharing...


 Grom and I were surprised when we came out of our rooms wearing the same color shirts and jeans.


We just had to both wear our Chucks.
Twins for the day!

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment