Pictures by Clement Hurd
Goodnight Moon - about Goodnight Moon from Wikipedia
Here are some things that I found in addition to the activities listed in the curriculum.
Goodnight Moon Counting page, Goodnight Moon online coloring activity, Goodnight Moon coloring page - Printable and online activities from the Harper Collins website.
Moon rising. - points out how the moon rises through the story and how it corresponds to the time changing on the clocks.
Hey Diddle Diddle Coloring Pages - We've had a lot of fun with this nursery rhyme. Grom colored the pages once and then we made this folder book of the rhyme using the coloring pages.
Here are some books we enjoyed that tied to Goodnight Moon.
- Papa, Please Get the Moon for Me by Eric Carle
- The Napping House by Don and Audrey Wood
- Read-a-long version of Goodnight Moon - Grom loves these in the car.
- Goodnight Moon (video) - we only watched the Goodnight Moon segment (it's at the very beginning). The movie came in after we had been rowing the book for a few days. Grom was very excited to see the story come to life.
- Scholastics' Red Riding Hood--and more James Marshall fairy tale favorites (video) - this video includes the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears.
I stayed away from other Margaret Wise Brown books. I'm saving that for when we row The Runaway Bunny.