Monday, June 27, 2011

daybook 06.27.11

FOR TODAY - Monday June 27, 2011

Outside my window... summer is here! Beautiful!

I am thinking... about the 4th of July... making plans... celebrating with family and friends... and saying goodbye to Gogo.

I am thankful for... stability.

From the learning rooms... We just finished "How to Eat Fried Worms" in the car. Audiobooks are the greatest. Our library's hold fees are going up though in July... bummer.

From the kitchen... over baked but still yummy tofu. We had guests for dinner. It was kinda embarrassing how bad dinner was.

I am wearing... really comfy black floaty capris, an orange tee and flip flops (pretty much my uniform)

I am creating... random pieces of crocheted stuff. I learned how to crochet last week. Now I'm working on my stitches so I can start making beanies. It's easier than I thought.

I am going... to not forget my Bible study group this week. I spaced last week. When I realized it, I felt SO dumb.

I am reading... Crunch Time (audiobook) by Diane Mott Davidson and Third Times a Charm by Virginia Smith.

I am hoping... to watch Grom swim like a fish this week. I'd love to see him starting to do some strokes, and fully expect a forward flip into the pool.

Around the house... the vegetables are planted. Can't wait to see if Grom and Grandma actually get some tomatoes. It's really hard to grow tomatoes at the beach.

One of my favorite things... toilet paper. Anyone disagree?

Vocabulary word of the week:
tomfoolery: a silly act, matter or thing, silly or foolish behavior
I'm ready for some tomfoolery, my life has been rather serious lately.

A few plans for the rest of the week: swimming lessons, VBS, karate, gymnastics, Bible Study, driving here, driving there, driving everywhere, Kid's Night Out and DATE NIGHT!

Here is picture I am sharing...



Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment