Monday, June 13, 2011

daybook 06.13.11


FOR TODAY - Monday June 13, 2011

Outside my window... it's beautiful! sunny... not much wind... we're eating dinner outside tonight.

I am thinking... about what I might do when I'm done blogging.

I am thankful for... family (blood relations) and "family" (Christ related). I am so blessed.

From the learning rooms... this summer is all about reading. Grom and I just finished some "One Minute Reader" and movable alphabet practice.

From the kitchen... I don't have to do much cooking this week. Lots of eating out. Tonight my parents are making chicken and ribs... yum!

I am wearing... flip flops, black capris and a pretty (and very soft) blue t-shirt

I am creating... all of my creativity has been random and practical. I really want to get the binding on my quilt. It's going to look so nice on our bed.

I am going... to have lunch with a friend tomorrow. We don't spend much time together. She's in the middle of some hard times. I'm hoping to encourage her a bit.

I am reading... Age Before Beauty by Virginia Smith and The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White (with Grom).

I am hoping... Gogo's going away party is great. Facebook says we have 100 people coming. I think it could be a few more. I think I need to buy more chocolate and cheese.

Around the house... Gogo's parents and brother arrive at our home on Wednesday. I look forward to meeting them.

One of my favorite things... the reusable plastic plates that I bought at Walmart recently. They are cheerful and colorful. They also come clean easily in the dishwasher and are going to save me buckets of money - I won't be buying disposable plates anymore.

Vocabulary word of the week: feckless: incompetent, ineffective, indifferent.
I've made many feckless attempts to get up early in the morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Gogo finishes his finals, Grom enjoys his first week of summer, Gogo's family arrives, lots of fun and activity, Grom's buddy spends a day and a night with us as his brother goes to the hospital (again!), throw in some karate, some gymnastics, a trip to Farmer's Market and it''ll be a busy and perfect week.

Here is picture I'm sharing...
My dad has been scanning old pictures. Here's me. I was a cute baby.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment