Tuesday, June 21, 2011

daybook 03.22.11

FOR TODAY - Tuesday June 21, 2011 - The first day of SUMMER!

Outside my window... it's dark. Another day is done.

I am thinking... about loss, about sin, about obedience. It's cheery in my head (not!).

I am thankful for... a great year with our Swiss son. Having him as part of our family happened unexpectedly, but from the moment we met, it was clear it was what we were supposed to do. Grom got a big brother and Gogo got to be a big brother (he's a youngest).


From the learning rooms... lots of reading. Audiobooks in the car are the latest rage. We listened to Mr. Popper's Penguins and now Alice's Adventures in Wonderland. I like it!

From the kitchen... just trying to cook the things I plan. So far so good this week. Tonight it was Trader Joe's Turkey Bolognese with pasta. Tomorrow, some boneless skinless chicken breast hits the crockpot.

I am wearing... black capris, chartreuse tee, black flip flops and I took a risk and threw on a black with white polka dot scarf. I don't think it worked, but it did cover a spot on my tee.

I am creating... fingerpainting with Grom and his buddy. Grom didn't get to do as much art at school this year as he did last year. I'm shocked and sad how much he's forgotten (like basic color mixing). It motivates me to do more with him over the summer.

I am going... to figure out how to take more care of myself.


I am reading... Age Before Beauty by Virginia Smith. And listening to Crunch Time by Diane Mott Davidson.

I am hoping... that I do a better job of keeping in touch with Gogo than I usually do keeping in touch with other people who are no longer in my daily life.

Around the house... a bench I ordered from Pottery Barn will hopefully be delivered shortly. I can't wait to get rid of the table that's been keeping the benches spot warm.

One of my favorite things... watching Gogo and Grom together... playing iPad games, kicking soccer balls around, "exercising", relaxing in the sun... it goes on and on. I'm going to miss it.

Vocabulary word of the week:
proclivity: a natural inclination toward something, predisposition, propensity
Gogo had an obvious proclivity for becoming a part of our family

Here is picture I am sharing...

Rub a dub dub, four men in a tub.
(an after surfing soak to warm up)

A few plans for the rest of the week: Grom has soccer camp all week. I'm blessed to be able to have lunch with a friend tomorrow. My grandmother is coming to visit. We celebrate my nieces' 3rd birthday. And I'm sure there's more

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment