Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Not this momma's tattoos

I remember temporary tattoos from when I was a kid. If you were lucky, they were the toy surprise in a box of Cracker Jack. Lick your arm, press the tattoo on and hold still until the ink transfered. They lasted until your next bath - maybe 3 whole days.

Let me tell you, they don't make kid tattoos like they used to. They are more colorful and more detailed. Grom found some in our bathroom cupboard (I have no idea where they came from) and talked Suferman into putting one on. I wanted to get them out of our house so I applied the rest.

Doesn't he look tough, rough and ready for a rumble?
Just wait until you try to get them off... not as easy as the package describes. They would have you believe that a little baby oil and off they come. I don't think so.

We googled and found that a mixture of baby oil and alcohol should remove them. Apply equal amounts liberally to the tattoo. Let sit 30 seconds (or more) and then rub to remove. Surferman scrubbed... I scrubbed and they are mostly off.

No more tattoos for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment