Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Thursday Thunks - 5/21/09
I'm back to thunkings on Thursdays.
Thursday Thunk is a blogging meme that gives you something to blog about. I do it to add to the biographical quality of my blog. Think of it as another way to get to know me.
1. Have you seen the new Star Trek movie, and if so what did you think?
Nope. Surferman and I don't go to the movies very often. I guess we're cheap that way. We have been to the drive-in a few times lately. It's less expensive and a double feature.
2. Which popular sitcom character (past or present) are you most like?
I have no idea. Who do you think I'm like?
3. What kind of dreams do you have?
I seem to have two kinds of dreams. Really long drawn out dreams that are like watching a movie except that the story is so screwy that even as I experience the dream I know it's a dream. My recurring nightmare is that I'm in school and have to go take a final exam for a class that I never went to. It's usually Sociology class for what it's worth.
4. Go get a tattoo and come back. Right, now answer me this, what is it?
If I ever went to get a tattoo, I'd probably come back with my ears pierced instead. I've always wanted to pierce my targus but am to chicken to go to a tattoo place or go through with the piercing. I'd probably have to be kidnapped to have go through with it.
5. Do you think you could be on American Idol with the singing voice you have now without any voice training?
Only if I could do all of my performances in the shower or my car...
6. How much wood, would a woodchuck chuck? If a woodchuck could chuck wood?
a woodchuck would chuck a chunk of wood
7. If you were a tree in a Dr. Seuss book, what would you look like?
Tall and wide. Orange with random blue spots.
8. Twilight? I'm addicted/Who cares/What the heck is Twilight?
I've heard of it. It's about vampires which isn't a subject matter that I seek out.
10. What the worst injury you've ever had?
I'm guessing that injury doesn't include post surgery. So I'm guessing the really bad case of plantar fasciitis I had a couple of years ago. If you'd count surgery, then it would have to be the c-section which brought the beautiful Grom into this world.
11. What is your favorite dessert?
I scream... you scream... we all scream... for ICE CREAM! Ben and Jerry's everything but the...
12. What do you prefer...beach or mountains?
Beach. I live at the beach.
13. What movie have you seen that still makes you cry?
I don't remember movies very well. I enjoy them while I'm watching, but can rarely tell someone more than a basic basic plot more than a week later.
15. How often do you do laundry?
Seemingly constantly. 3 times a week. Laundry is my least favorite homemaking task.
16. What is your favorite movie of all time, and why?
see number 13. The only movie that comes close to favorite status is The Princess Bride. It's probably been 5 years since I've seen it. It has a fun, clean story and Mandy Patinkin.
17. If you won a million dollars in the lottery, would you keep working?
The lottery only pays a little bit every year. After taxes... we'd probably need to keep working. I might not work in the same manner that I work now. Maybe Surferman and I would use the money to start our own business?
18. If there was a war of the gummies, would you be on the gummi bear side or the gummi worm side?
Who thinks of these things? I'm for the sour gummies whatever they look like. It's all about taste.
19. What's your favorite comic strip?
Peanuts. I love the whole gang... Charlie Brown, Snoopy, Lucy, Peppermint Patty...
20. Close your eyes… imagine you are in the perfect room/place… describe it.
On a beach on Maui... sitting in my beach chair... in the shade... listening to my ipod... with an iced coffee.