Monday, May 18, 2009

Daybook May 18, 2009

FOR TODAY... Monday May 18, 2009

Outside My Window... dark, dark, dark

I am thinking... about giving up TV. But then I think about all of the shows I like to watch and how happy I was today when I heard that Chuck was renewed. How much TV is too much? I did go through the DVR and delete a bunch of shows that we have been recording. I think that's a step in the right direction.

I am thankful for... a clean and decluttered bedroom. Surferman and I kicked butt yesterday and really cleaned out our bedroom. No clutter on the headboard, no clutter above the headboard and brand new bedding!

From the kitchen... Arroz Con Pollo. I made 4 of them. 3 for families with new babies and 1 for my family. Easy, easy recipe. I'll try to post it soon.

From the schoolroom... uhhh... we did a creative thinking workbook... I've set him up with his reading program on the computer a couple of times... I need to do some planning and be more diligent.

I am wearing... navy pants, pink striped tee and flips

I am creating... I finished Grom's orange slippers. Almost done with my coaster project. I have some name gifts to make. Most of my creative energy should be going to decluttering, cleaning and organizing however. My studio/office is a wreck.

I am going... to bed as soon as I finish this. I love my new sheets.

I am reading... Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret. So far a great biography. It almost makes me want to go to China... almost.

I am hoping... to get a new windshield and a fixed door handle for my van soon. The chip in my windshield spread before Surferman had time to fix it. And the sliding door handle broke from my pulling on it so hard to open the door. Who knew I was so strong? My poor Odyssey is showing some age. We need to get it patched up ASAP. The plan is to keep it going for at least 6 more years. I never want to get the mindset that it's a beater.

I am hearing... Kathryn Scott Radio on Pandora. I love Kathryn Scott and Pandora. The internet is a great place. Got any favorite stations?

Around the house... My parents came home from a golf tournament in Las Vegas. They brought Grom a new Thomas train set. It's really cool and they got an outstanding deal. I'm trying not to be grumpy about another multipiece toy coming into our home.

One of my favorite things... cloth diapers (well covers) drying on the line...especially when they aren't my diapers. I'm glad that my sister's girlies are getting use from Grom's diapers.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Just when I think life might slow down a bit... lots of stuff to do at work (stuff that I've been putting off because of Easter and the Women's Conference), my annual physical exam, Mommy and Me, baby meals, decluttering and cleaning.

Here is picture I am sharing...Grom and the Girlies.

How you can be praying for me and mine... Rest. I'm trying to get to bed earlier. Surferman could use prayer for direction. Grom and I could use prayer for allergies.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your day. Does life ever slow down?

    ReplyDelete