Monday, November 28, 2011

daybook 11.29.11


FOR TODAY - Monday November 29, 2011

Outside my window... it's dark. We've had some beautiful sunsets lately.

I am thinking... about a snack.  

I am thankful for... a nice birthday with my guys.  I got to go grocery shopping!  (that is real enthusiasm).

From the learning rooms... Grom and I played a fun game of Silly Sentences tonight before he went to bed.  I just bought it at a rummage sale.  Grom was thrilled that a game could be called "school".

From the kitchen... stuffed baked potatoes.  Yum and frugal.

I am wearing... brown sweat pants and a red tee.

I am creating... a new tradition for Christmas.  Watch for more about it.

I am going... to meet friends to play and catch up after school.  I hope the weather is nice.

I am reading... Rain Song by Alice J. Wisler, listening to Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and listening to How to Train Your Dragon by Cressida Caswell with Grom.

I am hoping... to watch lots of cheesy Christmas movies in the next few weeks.

Around the house... it's time to get out the decorations.  For now, Christmas music will have to do.

One of my favorite things...  getting up early and going to the gym (maybe if I keep saying it...).

Vocabulary word of the week:
redolent (adj.): fragrant; smelling suggestive; reminiscent
Our home will soon be redolent with the smells of Christmas - baking and a Christmas tree.

A few plans for the rest of the week: My pastor and his wife are finalizing the adoption of their 3 kids.  We get to join them in court and then celebrate with our church family later on Friday.  It's great to see how God has put together this precious family.

Here is picture I am sharing...
a super fun swing at "the best park ever"

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment