Monday, February 14, 2011

Daybook February 14, 2011

FOR TODAY Monday Februay 14, 2011

Outside my window... dark and rainy. It was surprisingly February-like weather. I was caught completely off guard.

I am thinking... about ways to get more vegetables in my diet.

I am thankful for... cupcakes. We had a fundraiser for a dear missionary friend this last weekend. We made way more than I expected. The cupcakes were amazing.

From the learning rooms... we're all about sight words right now. I made some card sets. We keep them in the card. Grom drills them whenever we get in to go somewhere. He's doing great.

From the kitchen... Surferman made dinner tonight! 3 cheers for Surferman! Lasagna, salad and garlic bread - yum!

I am wearing... black jeans, dark raspberry printed long sleeved tees, flip flops and a toe bandage.

I am creating... I just heard that my quilt is done. I'm hoping to pick it up this week. And my sewing machine is ready to pick up. Nothing's stopping me now.

I am going... to get more sleep. Maybe it will help my attitude.

I am reading... Radical by David Platt.

I am hoping... the rose Surferman gave me today for Valentine's Day lasts a really long time. It's orange and sitting on my desk at church. smile.

I am hearing... the sound of tires on wet highway. It must be raining right now.

Around the house... still looking for a bench or something for our entry hall and a rug.

One of my favorite things... family dinner. Each week, my parents cook dinner for my sister and me and our family. It's nice to see them and spend time together regularly.

Vocabulary word of the week:
conniption
- a fit of extreme anger or excitement.
Used in a sentence: If I thought that having a conniption would help our internet problems, I'd have one right now.

A few plans for the rest of the week: In addition to all the usual stuff. Grom started karate. Surferman's parents are leaving town this week, so we're having one last meal with them and Surferman's sister and family. And we working on some plans for the weekend. It's looking like either San Francisco or Santa Barbara/Solvang... if I can arrange the time away.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...Cupcakes!

How you can be praying for me and mine... Surferman needs work. Grom got into a patch of poison oak and I'm hoping it doesn't cause him to break out. Gogo is practicing to tryout for the Volleyball team. Me... I need refreshment.

Check out other daybooks at The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment