Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Daybook August 4, 2009

FOR TODAY... Tuesday August 4, 2009

Outside My Window... grey foggy sky... it's summer here at the coast

I am thinking... about change... about friends who are perservering through tough situations and trials... about a cup of coffee...

I am thankful for... Surferman... for too many reasons to mention... well here's one... he made me a latte this morning.

From the kitchen... I don't really feel like cooking, so I'm not very inspired. Sandwiches and eggs sound good to me.

From the schoolroom... Mike Mullligan and His Steam Shovel. We get to visit Popperville and learn about stewardship, steam engines, flexibility and more.

I am wearing... lime green capris, grey t-shirt, flip flops

I am creating... another name meaning gift for a friend who had a birthday on Sunday. I need to post pictures of these things. I also have a washcloth on my knitting needles. Surferman and I have been working on our Family Mission Statement.

I am going... to the doctor today. I don't like going to the doctor.

I am reading... Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin. The jury is still out... My next book needs to be non-fiction.

I am hoping... to bang out my to do list this week.

I am hearing... quiet. I love quiet.

Around the house... the pursuit of order and routine.

One of my favorite things... bananas. I just ate some perfectly ripe perfection. I don't know why I don't eat them more often.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: library trips, doing something with friends, Home Group, Celebrating with our friends their new daughter (from Foster Care and 11 years old), new routines and organizing.

Here is picture I am sharing from our visit to the fair last week.

How you can be praying for me and mine... It looks like Surferman has a job! Past the job you could be praying for Surferman and I as we finish our Mission Statement, that we would be inspired and realistic, but at the same time uncompromising in the things we need to do / change to be the family we want to be. Also we have to make a final decision about Grom's schooling by the end of the week.

Read other Daybook's at Peggy's Blog, The Simple Woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment