Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Thar she blows!


We were blessed with a free trip to watch the whales as they migrate back up the coast to Alaska. It took a while to find them, but once found the whales did not disappoint. They were very active. I understand these were Gray Whales


It was a small pod. 2 Adults and an infant. Quite amazing.  I kept thinking about our great big God who created these things - that aren't fish - in an ocean full of fish.  I couldn't help but think of Jonah and how silly he was for trying to run away from God's plan.  I thought about how silly I can be. 

This was Grom's first time on a boat. The weather was great - sunny and just a little windy. He had a great time - running all over the place and eating the snacks. 


Just as the whales showed themselves, he started feeling a little urpy.  It's amazing how fast a person moves when sitting below a 3 year old who says he thinks he's going to throw up.  I missed a lot of the whale's show holding a limp and green little boy.  There was no place I'd rather have been.
 

Grom's had a cold the past few days.  I asked him today how he was feeling and he said, "A lot better than on the boat".  

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Grom was ill, but what an amazing trip that must have been! The photos are awesome!

    ReplyDelete